Eid Mubarak.. Hubby is out of town, but we managed to enjoy our Eid with Oma. The children were such angels the whole time. Alhamdullilah. We went to a friend's house and took them afterward to see a movie. Oma enjoyed a few hours at the mall while we're at the movies, getting her daily exercise. At the friend's house, we waited about 4 hours till the host decided to order pizzas for the children. Not sure what was going on, and I didnt want to spoil the day, so I just went along with it.
Luckily, I had a few boxes of chocolate milk to hold the hunger pains. After we left the house (actually, when the friends actually allowed us to finally leave,lol) I asked A and K what they really want to eat on this special day. A, the little angel, said she was content happy with the pizza and asked very politely if she can have some Auntie Anne's pretzel. And K, she said while playing her DS game, " Well, you're the boss, Mama, what do you think??".
The whole week we've been reading about Prophet Ibrahim at times of Qurbani. Nothing fancy, just simple tarbiyah, but they loved it. They asked me to repeat the stories over and over. One morning, I asked them to retell the stories to Oma. They almost got it.
A few days ago, we went to a Halal market nearby and they interview the butcher who did the sacrife aka slaughtering. He's from Turkey and has been doing this for over 20 years. Although his sons are a business men, he passed on the ritual and prayer that butchers do to them. A flash back came to my head when I first saw the slaughter of the animal. Seems like just yesterday.